Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Much FUN in the Snow!

Little Miss Kathryn ready for some fun!

MC too!

Lauren was some great help carrying Little Bit around in the Snow

Kathryn FREEZING....


Little Miss No Fear!

Kathryn loves those hills!!! Nice boots, Michael. Too bad we can't see your gloves in the picture!

Mr. Dare Devil

Family Snow Pic on our way to "Gaspen"

The Long Trek to the BIG mountain, "Gaspen".


Aren't they sweet!

The Video of the Day at "Gaspen"! Note that I landed in the MUD! Felt really good in my super thin scrubs that I was wearing.
What a beautiful sight! Finally.... the weathermen got it right! It started pretty heavy when I headed to work on Sunday night. The drive in was actually very scary... but made it there safely and watched the snow fall ALL night long.
As soon as I got home from work... the girls woke up and it was time to head out to play. Not minding that I NEEDED to go to sleep to work that night, we all headed out to play. We made our way to the Ginthers house... and we scoped out a perfect hill behind their house. Those were the "beginner" hills... everyone enjoyed their turns down the slope. At one time, all of the kids were inside warming up... as me, John, Mary Catherine and Michael competed against each other racing down the hill. SUCH FUN!
After warming up for a short bit, we "heard" that there was a better place to sled... Off we went. As Mary Catherine put it... off to "Gaspen" we went. It was a super long haul... deep snow, cold feet, tired girls... just to name a few. Although everyone was exhausted we enjoyed the hike. Such FUN, FAST, MUDDY hills. Luckily no 9-1-1 calls were made... close though.
Thanks to the Ginthers for a FUN filled day... let's just say that I got maybe 3 hours of sleep and headed onto work at 7pm. No fun for me at work but well worth it for the FUN at home!

1 comment:

Welcome to M and M World! said...

Leah...you are the Dale Earnhardt of sledding!!! By the way, you landed in the creek below not just the mud hole. What a fun day!